[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Sep 23 03:18:07 CEST 2016

On Mon, September 5, 2016 4:01 pm, Jörg Straube wrote:
> Another aspect of modules.
> You tried to make the boundary of modules as static vs OOP as dynamic.
>

> You are right: Modules are static in the sense that they deckare the
> TYPEs the abstracted assets have.

Somewhere there is an article from N. Wirth about this and he describes a
module very similar to an object that cannot be dynamically loaded, but is
statically loaded at design time.   In fact actually it's interesting with
oberon systems though where you can load modules into the system, I
think.. and unload them... so then the distinction becomes even less clear
as they sort of can be dynamically loaded (not created so much).

It was either Wirth (pretty sure) or another famous Oberon programmer who
wrote the article. Maybe I'll find it but I'm too lazy to search for now.