[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Sep 23 06:52:24 CEST 2016

Lars

Dynamic vs static is perhaps not the best distinction of modules vs objects.
I try to make an analogon.
- Modules can be seen as car manufacturer.
- Objects are the cars.

Car manufacturers are static in the sense that the define a distinct set of cars in their portfolio. But they are also dynamic because they can change their car portfolio. Or even in another sense dynamic, they can go bancrupt and do not produce cars anymore. Or another car manufacturer appears on the market.

But also cars have both flavours. The car us dynamic in the sense that it gets produced, is used and perhaps after 300000 km get shredded. On the other side it is kind of static as it is as it is; once it is produced it has either 3 doors or 5 doors.

br
Jörg