[Oberon] Emulating an RS-232 line with the Oberon emulator

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 13:08:32 CEST 2017

> --boot-from-serial is implemented now as well.

I noticed the following: If I boot over the serial line,
the pre-linked binary Oberon.bin gets transferred to the
target system correctly and initiated. One can also call
Kernel.Init from the top module Oberon0, but when one
executes the following instructions in Oberon0..

  MODULE Oberon0;
    IMPORT SYSTEM, Kernel;
  VAR a, b: FileDir.DirPage;
    sec, dpg: INTEGER;
  BEGIN
    Kernel.Init; (*this works*)
    sec := 70; dpg := sec*29; a.mark := 99;
    Kernel.PutSector(dpg, a);
    Kernel.GetSector(dpg, b);
    ASSERT(a.mark = b.mark);  (*should be the same, but isn't*)
    ..
  END Oberon0.

the values of a.mark and b.mark are not the same :-(

How to fix this? Is the boot loader code used in the
emulator different from the one on the official webpage?

-AP