[Oberon] Completeness; Ceres.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Thu May 3 22:37:32 CEST 2018

Hi Lyall

Contexts are meant to separate modules with a name in one Oberon OS from the module with same name in another Oberon OS.
The legacy Oberon OS gets the context „Oberon“ and the new Bluebottle/A2 OS (coded in the programming language Active Oberon, a dialect of Oberon) gets the context „A2“

Here a little bit of background of the introduction of contexts in the language Active Oberon. Contexts do not exist in the legacy programming language Oberon.
http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Language?action=download&upname=contexts.pdf

Basically it’s a SW thing.

Now, Ceres is a HW build at ETH where an Obern OS is running on. As contexts have someting to do with SW, but Ceres is a HW, I don’t see a reason to defne a new context for the Ceres HW.

Br
Jörg