[Oberon] Re (2): Subject correction: Re (2): Completeness; Ceres.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun May 6 04:50:02 CEST 2018

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Fri, 4 May 2018 15:24:40 +0000
> One of the most confusing aspects of Oberon is the multitude of
> Oberon languages, modules, and systems, all referred to by the same
> names like Text.

Absolutely.  Ambiguity rarely helps.  In this case a recognized
problem with a published solution.  "Proposal for Modules Contexts",
authored by Felix Friedrich and Florian Negele, section "2.3 Naming
Conventions" suggests the fully qualified name A2.Texts.Text or
Oberon.Texts.Text (or Something.Texts.Text?).  The ambiguity can be
resolved by applying the context idea beyond the "A2" and "Oberon"
contexts.

From:	=?UTF-8?B?SsO2cmc=?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Fri, 4 May 2018 17:38:43 +0200
> This can ONLY be written in "Active Oberon".

Where is that prohibition?  Felix or Florian might object, for a
personal reason, to use of context outside of A2 and Oberon.  I haven't
found a prohibiton in print.  Felix, Florian, your comments welcome.

Context appears to be an solution for the ambiguity described by
Wojciech.  Is there an intrinsic logical argument against use outside
Active Oberon?

Thanks,                          ... Lyall E.

--
This message was composed and transmitted by software designed to
avoid the need, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca