[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 `RPI Net' server

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Wed May 16 16:27:05 CEST 2018

Hi Tomas,

> I have discovered that I sometimes miss `ACK' for otherwise CRC good
> payload. Which causes `RPI' to retransmit, which fills RX_FIFO with
> a duplicate at oberon receiver end.

One reason I can think of for missing the ACK would be if the radio
happens to be off.

As I noted before, I think you need to log the register values, and
cross-reference with the datasheet, at both ends.  Every step of the way.
A microsecond count on the Pi might help (on the RISC, the timings are
more predictable, one of the stated aims of the design!).

In addition, may I suggest you try to draw a complete state diagram (along
the lines of the one in the datasheet) for each side, with a note of the
source statements executed.

Anything like this is horrendously complicated - I know it's difficult,
but your logs posted so far (although short is welcome!) do not seem to
give anything like a succinct but complete and clear picture as a basis
for testing assumptions and theories.

HTH
Paul