[Oberon] Oberon FPGA hardware point of view

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 16:52:00 CEST 2018

   > The scheme we have used is this: There is a single module,
   > called MCU.mod, for each family of microcontrollers, e.g.
   > LPC176x (NXP Cortex-M3), STM32F7 (STM Cortex-M7) etc.
  > There are eleven of these, all with the same name but stored
  > in a folder named after the microcontroller family.

Just out of curiosity … have you considered doing this
with the “module contexts” construct, as it exists on A2?

i.e. using file names (microcontroller family name = prefix):

    LPC176x.MCU.Mod   (per convention)
    LPC176x.MCU.rsc     (generated by compiler, used by loader)
    LPC176x.MCU.smb   (generated and used by compiler)

And in the source code:

   MODULE Serial IN LPC176x;
      IMPORT MCU IN LPC176x;

I know they are not part of the Oberon-07 language spec,
but they could be added with very little effort.

-ap