[Oberon] Bit manipulation in Oberon-07

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed Oct 24 12:17:27 CEST 2018

Ask your students *why* do they think they want to manipulate bits in an
integer? What problem are they trying to solve?

Coincidentally (?) a similar question has just been asked on the Astrobe
forum. In that case all they wanted to do is to extract one (or possibly
more?) byte(s) from an integer. If that is what they are trying to do then
there are several easier ways to do this in Oberon-07 than using set-based
bit manipulation.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software