[Oberon] FPGA - Display.Mod 4-bit colour

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Oct 29 20:01:39 CET 2018

Joerg:

> So, looking into Dialogs makes more sense than looking into Gadgets.
> Here the zipped source of Dialogs:
> http://aminet.net/package/dev/obero/Dialogs

Probably a better source is the original Linz repository. There is lots of stuff there besides Dialogs.
http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Research/Projects/OberonDownloads.html

> But to use Dialogs you need to rework Texts/TextFrames first... This is
> something for advanced programmers.

Dialogs need an Oberon-2 compiler for RISC5, which is probably even more advanced than reworking Texts. On the other hand, if Oberon-2 for RISC5 existed, then the most straightforward way of enhancing the FPGA Oberon System would be a recompilation of Linz Oberon V4 on top of the current video subsystem.

Looking at the Linz Oberon V4, which I just launched under Windows 7, I can see a lot of highly useful software. It could all be reused if the Oberon-2 compiler for RISC5 was available.

Thank you,
Wojtek