[Oberon] Question on ORG.SaveRegs / ORG.RestoreRegs in the FPGA Oberon compiler

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 22:59:10 CET 2018

  > It's RestoreRegs(1), in effect, but only in that case. Anyway, I’m
  > labouring it, you've answered your own question! :)

Thx for the hint - it pointed me in the right direction. It’s now all clear.

Except that … the code remains a bit of a mystery when one reads it for
first time, without comments. One needs to trace the item x across multiple
procedures. First, DeRef sets x.mode to RegI, then load sets it to Reg, etc..

Students will have a hard time understanding this.