[Oberon] There are considerable differences between Lola-1 andLola-2; are you aware of that?

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 16 11:36:51 CET 2019

@Pablo Cayuela

Thank you for your response and the clarifications.

> why this new version is closer to some constructs of Verilog

I think moving closer to Verilog is not necessarily an advantage, and in case of Lola-2 I would even say it rather corresponds to a smaller subset of Verilog than Lola-1 in terms of level of abstraction and modeling capabilities. Here is a decent example of the different modeling styles Verilog supports which I found by Google in a rush: https://www.vlsifacts.com/different-coding-styles-verilog-language/
I also found this paper: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/3646848_Behavior_to_structure_using_Verilog_and_in-circuit_emulation_to_teach_how_an_algorithm_becomes_hardware
Without being an expert in Lola (neither version 1 nor 2) I would assume that Lola-2 is rather on the data flow and gate level whereas Lola-1 seems to have features supporting behavioral level too.

Best
R.