[Oberon] A C++ version of the Lola-2 compiler and an Oberon to C++ compiler

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 18 14:13:19 CEST 2019

@ Chris Burrows

Thank you very much for the implementation; it's obviously much more elegant than my quick approach. There is also this proposal by Jörg Straube:
int _MOD(int a, b) { int m = a%b; if (a<0) m += b; return m; }
int _MOD(int a, b) { return a<0 ? a%b+b : a%b ; }
int _MOD(int a, b) { return a & (b-1); }

I will do tests and use your proposals in future versions. Actually at the moment I don't care much about Lola compiler performance because it runs the RISC5 files in a split second even on my old 32 bit linux laptop.

Btw I ordered a ULX3 (see https://radiona.org/ulx3s/ ) yesterday and think it would give a nice vehicle to experiment with Lola-2, RISC5 and the Oberon System only using an open source toolchain.

Best
R.K.