[Oberon] PO2013 - System.CloseTrack / System.ExtendDisplay

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 22:04:49 CEST 2019

Hello,

can anyone explain me how the *commands* System.CloseTrack and
System.ExtendDisplay are supposed to be used?

I assume System.CloseTrack can be used to close all viewers in the left
or the right track, but even after marking a viewer with F1, it does not
close any viewers. And for System.ExtendDisplay I have no idea what it
should do. From the code I know I have to pass it a name, and when I do
so, it shows a text viewer (or at least it seems as such) with that
name, but as soon as I interact with it, I interact with the viewer
"behind" it and see lots of graphics glitches. When  maximizing another
viewer and minimizing it again, all traces of that "extended" viewer are
gone.

Thanks for any insights,

Michael