[Oberon] Description of Experimental Oberon & etc.

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Aug 5 20:09:11 CEST 2019

Paul:

From: Oberon [oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch] on behalf of Paul Reed [paulreed at paddedcell.com]
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 2:02 PM
To: ETH Oberon and related systems
Subject: Re: [Oberon] Description of Experimental Oberon & etc.
Paul:

it would be nice if this link pointed to something which can be downloaded like other links. I have not looked at all of them, but those which I checked do open some documents. The one which requires a password makes a strange impression.

The lecture notes are interesting though a bit criptic ;-)

It would be nice if complete source was available which could be downloaded, compiled on Oberon System, and enjoyed w/o being a student.

Wojtek

On 2019-08-05 18:37, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
https://lec.inf.ethz.ch/syscon/2018/

> Topic 12      Student exercises Screensaver, Wireless Network Traffic
> Monitor, Network Time Client
>
>  requires a password. Why?

Hi Wojciech,

I can tell you're not a student at ETH. ;-)

For Felix' lectures, the lecture notes and assignments are separate
documents.  In the case of my exercises, since the assignments are
included in the lecture notes, I think Felix has the assignment link
pointed to the assignment resources directory in the student repository,
which does not have general access.  Apologies for any confusion.

Cheers,
Paul