[Oberon] Re: A2 Repository

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Aug 13 16:12:42 CEST 2019

From: Felix Friedrich, Wed Jul 3 09:30:57 CEST 2019
> We are currently investing effort into cleaning up A2 (portability ...)
> But we will make sure that native versions are properly supported again.

Thanks Felix.

Of possible interest:
A few years ago I found that S3 started up OK on a Tatung tablet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_(operating_system)#Gallery
The tablet has RS232 and USB connectors.  (In S3, no USB mouse has
worked. The RS232 is via an unusual connector I haven't fully made
sense of.  With the pins connected properly, it still might need a
native serial driver.  I'm not sure a S3 compatible driver is
available in the BIOS.)

At that time a few years back I compiled an A2 boot image and put it
on a CF card.  In attempting to boot from it the tablet gave an error
message I didn't understand.  Once A2 is polished up, I should make
another try.

Thanks again,                           ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca