[Oberon] OFSFATTools.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Sep 23 01:16:21 CEST 2019

Hi again,

I have the impression that a disk or diskette image mounted to imitate
a real device is termed a ramdisk.  An Oberon ramdisk is used in the
Oberon0 diskette for installing S3.

The section of Native.Tool for building the Dummies CD includes these
lines.
	OFSFATTools.CreateFile FAT:/Oberon.Dsk 25
	OFSFileBasedDeviceTools.Open VIRT FAT /Oberon.Dsk ~ 	# mount the file as a virual device

In my understanding, a FAT ramdisk is created; but S3 Alpha has
CreateFile commented out.

Does anyone happen to know why that is?  (I've never needed the
Dummies CD but a FAT ramdisk still has some uses.)

Thanks,                       ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca