[Oberon] Oberon on ULX3S explanation

D EMARD vordah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:07:53 CET 2019

Compared to DDRx memories, SDRAM's are considered "easy"
to drive, their interface is not very time critical, don't require
special voltage conditions and dedicated signal shaping circuitry
and are typically around 100 verilog lines long that's why they are
so popular on open source FPGA projects

when jumping often to random addresses and fetching small amount
of data each time, they have less latency and thus work are faster than DDRx

Only at long sequential reads then DDRx are faster