[Oberon] SDRAM performance

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:52:46 CET 2019

> Hyperram is nice but take into consideration that only cypress makes them Mouser has them on stock and should be ok for now.

It is true that it is only Cypress. I would expect that other silicon vendors will release such parts, but I do not know for sure. There are multiple sources  for Cellular RAM.

> On ULX3S the only vendor-specific part was FPGA and last months we have problems getting the parts but we managed,

Happens all the time! I cannot even count the cases when we could not get Xilinx FPGAs on time. Same with Analog Devices ADC chips. It is a constant hassle.

Wojtek