[Oberon] Re (2): "Inner core" and "Outer core".

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Dec 7 18:41:20 CET 2019

It has to do with booting the OS:
1) If you power-up your machine, the CPU gets initialized and the program counter is set to a specific ROM address
2) at this address resides the bootloader in ROM. it loads a few sectors from disk to RAM position 0. In these sectors is the linked inner core
3) After sector loading, the bootloader jumps to RAM position 0 and executes the inner core, basically the main body of Modules.Mod
4) The inner core loads the rest of the Oberon system (=outer core), basically Oberon.Mod and starts the Oberon loop.

br
Jörg