[Oberon] Interfacing with Foreign Systems (was: Negative integer literals in Oberon)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:17:31 CEST 2020

On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 01:06, Skulski, Wojciech
<skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:

> >> For me, the fundamental question is: What is the community trying to achieve?
>
> >A fair point.
>
> >> - Continue the development of Project Oberon in a niche RISC5/fpga based environment.
>
> >Not of particular interest to me, personally.
>
> This statement contradicts the "fair point". It is either the community or "me, personally". Can you see the point?

What I was trying to say was that I understand that this is a thing
that does interest some people very much, but it is not really of any
interest to *me.* I am not very interested in emulating the original
hardware, but if I was, I can do that in software on multiple host
systems. I think it's an impressive feat, but mainly of historical
interest.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com