[Oberon] Re (2): Development boards

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat May 2 06:27:21 CEST 2020

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Sat, 2 May 2020 02:53:45 +0000
> Our 32-channel digitizer ...

You address very sophisticated requirements.  I'll guess that at least
99% of the embedded system building population needs relatively tiny
computing power.

At the end of the 2014 "Reviving ..." lecture, Prof. WIrth mentioned
security.  A serious concern for any network connected system. A
remote third party messing with an assembly robot or a radiological
endoscopy system could be bad news.  From Prof. Wirth's reply in the
lecture I have the impression that a FPGA system can be built with
certainty of no back door; I might be imagining too much.  According
to articles I've read, a contemporary PC probably has a back door.

Regards,              ... L.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon