[Oberon] Standalone BootLoader format

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Thu May 14 17:34:37 CEST 2020

> ... SB linked list ...plays its part in regular modular compiler,
> right?

Not anymore - as has already been noted it was removed from the standard
Oberon-07 RISC compiler.

> Standalone module has just one fixed SB, set early in the code, even if
> we had inside module several procedures?

Yes.  I looked at the old OSG code, not sure why it wasn't set in
OSG.Header as I suggested just now.

> ... I currently have only one single small ... that loads
> everything in one chunk.    ...printf '\0\0\0\0' > /dev/ttyUSB1

Wow. Ok. Just make sure what you are sending is exactly what is
required, ie lengths and addresses correct, words in littleendian
binary.  The serial bootloader has no error checking, as you can see
from BootLoad.Mod.  It might still "kinda" work, but not work correctly,
when bogus data is received.

Cheers,
Paul