[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri May 22 20:48:58 CEST 2020

Hi Joerg,

> The FTDI can deliver HW flow control signals RTS/CTS.
> Magnus even connected them to the FPGA. Look at the schematic.

For the time being I would be at least happy to recognise FTDI block in
the wiring :-) I can only see Spartan6 FPGA, that is a big square.

> It would be a nice little task to enable CTS/RTS in Oberon. Perhaps
> have a try. You have to modify the UCF
> You have to modify RISC5Top.v
> You have to modify the serial drivers in Oberon

That is generous.
When I gather more skills with Verilog (reading Pong's book).

These signals could be routed to GPIO?

USB is packet based, cannot imagine a driver dealing with
RTS/CTS hidden inside some data packets.

Meanwhile I can live with a small delay in OCR.OR Loop.
File transfer works, seems, I do hope.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>