[Oberon] ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/oberon/System3/Macintosh

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:11:33 CEST 2020

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 01:37, Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com> wrote:

> That puts you squarely into the category of 'some youngsters' around here ;-)

:-D I think that's good news!

> A new dad? Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you back here in eighteen years' time.

Little Ada is 8 months old now. I suspect you may be able to guess the
inspiration for her name. First (and I plan, only) child at 51 has
been quite a shock to the system.

> I enjoyed that article. However, I hadn't heard of 'oberton' then either, and still haven't ;-)

I *think* it's correct in the actual article! To be fair, it's a typo
I make all the time myself, and they have difficulty changing URLs
once a piece has been published.

> Do you happen to know 'Verity Stob'? 'He/She' used to write for .EXE magazine and then Dr. Dobbs, and now can be found on The Register. Some years ago I think I managed to identify who it really is but have forgotten now. 'His/Her' satirical/sarcastic sense of humour is right up my street. This is one of my favourite articles:
>
> Thirteen Ways to Loathe VB:
>
> https://www.drdobbs.com/windows/thirteen-ways-to-loathe-vb/184403996

As it happens, yes, I do, although I've only met them once in real
life, at a Reg get-together. I'd unwittingly known them online for
many years, though, from the ancient UK CIX online system. Which is
still going -- the email address in my my sig will be 30 next year...

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com