[Oberon] [EXT] Re: Emulators

Colby Russell oberon at x.colbyrussell.com
Tue Jul 28 01:24:24 CEST 2020

On 7/24/20 12:29 AM, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
 > Colby:
 >
 >   thank you for heads up. Having a portable emulator would be great.

Wojtek:

It turns out, I found a copy of my old experiment to build the
in-browser emulator as a single-file "app", so it was easy to pick it up
and make few tweaks.

Here are two copies:

<https://storage.5apps.com/crussell/public/shares/200727-1854-emu.js.html>
<https://storage.5apps.com/crussell/public/shares/200727-2306-emu.js.html.zip>

(If you try the first link, it will load the emulator directly in the
browser.  You'll have to manually save the file.  Unfortunately, if you
try to do that with Ctrl+S in Firefox or Chrome, it will mangle the
source code.  A workaround is to view the page source, and then copy and
paste that text into a new file ending with .htm or .html, e.g.,
emu.js.html.  Alternatively, the second link is the same file, but
renamed to .zip so it will automatically trigger a download for your
browser, rather than "executing" the emulator.  NB: Since this is not
actually a ZIP file, when you're prompted to download it, you should
remove the .zip extension before saving.)

--
Colby Russell