[Oberon] Emulators

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Jul 29 07:23:18 CEST 2020

Colby:

wonderful. I updated the Emulators page of RiskFive.com. Your emulator is now listed. I also downloaded the file and made it available on the RiskFive to provide a second source on the web.

I tried to run it under Firefox 52.9.0 (32-bit) under Windows XP as follows. I created a directory on my disk and put there your file and the .dsk file named Oberon-2019-01-21.dsk. I downloaded it from Michael's github https://github.com/schierlm/oberon-risc-emu-enhanced/tree/master/DiskImage

Then I started your emulator in Firefox by double clicking on the .html file. It displayed a menu bar. On the left side there was a menu item for loading the image. I selected Load..., navigated to the image, and selected by clicking. It displayed Loading... and nothing happened.

For completeness I tried loading the same .dsk into Michael's JS emulator by clicking on his emu.html (bypassing the web page index.html where I could not see the .dsk image). The starting page looks almost the same as yours. The effect is also similar: it displayed Loading... and nothing happened.

Tomorrow I will try the same on Windows 10.

Thank you,
Wojtek