[Oberon] Re (2): Links for the Oberon-2 report.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Tue Jul 28 08:53:00 CEST 2020

Peter

ETHOberon supports different sort of text documents with different features in it. Namely, Write documents and Script documents.
Write supports elems and parcs. Script support styles.

WTS means "Write To Script": it can delete elems out of Write documents and it can convert Parcs to Styles.

WTS is a little bit like the store dialog box in Microsoft Word: In the Store dialog box, you can choose what output format Word must use.
Either .doc (with all Word features), .html (where Word tries to match the Word formatting to HTML formatting) or .txt (where word ignores formatting)
WTS.Convert does corresponding things on Write documents.

br
Jörg

Am 28.07.20, 07:04 schrieb "oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von peter at easthope.ca" <oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von peter at easthope.ca>:

    Diego,

    From:	"Diego Sardina" <dsar at ...>
    Date:	Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:11:27 +0200
    > The PDF is wrong.
    > The up to date Oberon-2 Report can be found here (in .Text format):
    >
    > ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon/Oberon2.Report.Text

    Thanks for explaining.  I've expanded Note [1] (now the only note)
    accordingly.

    Two puzzles for J. Doe novice.

    * ETH Oberon has the WTS module.  Neither WTS.Mod nor WTS.Tool gives a
    hint at the derivation of acronym WTS.  ?

    * The HTML compiler page in question is read with a Web browser but an
    Oberon system is almost essential to read an Oberon Text.  (Gedit in
    Linux will open a Text but the warning and binary header will confuse
    a novice.) Fortunately the language report is available as HTML from
    UCSD. If there is no objection I should cast the change list to HTML.

    Thanks again,                               ... Lyall E.

    --
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon