[Oberon] all in one git tree

D EMARD vordah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 00:30:49 CET 2020

Yes, just a click to "fork" and anyone will get his own
independent copy of the repository, so it will never
be lost and it's always possible to go back in time
before some unwanted change.

I was thinking, collect the oldest source you know still exists,
and start git with this, giving it some approximate date when you
think/remember source was done, add next to oldest versions.

At some time oberon will split in 2 directions, (in git terminology branch)
So make the branch by giving it a name (oberon 2, active oberon etc.)
and collect everything you have from ftp's zip's etc to a git tree until present
day.

If something big is forgotten, git can be rebased back to the past and fixed.
If something small, just add it later and note you have forgotten to add before.