[Oberon] all in one git tree

D EMARD vordah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 01:08:32 CET 2020

I will try to post differently though not expert about it

> that there are now multiple different Github repos containing mirrors
> of ETH's repo, and none is "official".

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say.

"git" "github" or similar tool/service should be used to collect
everything into a big tree and provide authors identical resulting
source to each branch so they can continue working at their own
branch in the locally forked big tree and do pull requests,

This way changes will be mergeable back to official tree.

Having branches, development if needed will be seprated.

It is expected that sooner or later one branch will become
preferrable and will contain all features of neighboring branches.

There should be few knowledgeable people that understand the
history and maintain official tree.