[Oberon] Oberon V4 on the Raspberry Pi?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:50:17 CET 2021

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 16:21, Joerg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> Liam
> The LinzOberon system is typically called V4 and programmed in Oberon-2.
> A2 (formerly known as Bluebottle) is something different, it's programmed in ActiveOberon.

Aha, OK. Thank you for the clarification. I apologise for my confusion.

So by Oberon v4, the OP meant Linz Oberon, as in
https://ssw.jku.at/Research/Projects/Oberon.html

and downloads at:
ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon/

This appears to include a Windows version, which would seem to answer
John Strohm's question -- when he said he cannot dedicate a PC to
Linux, that implies that he has PCs but they run something else, which
in turn implies that they run Windows.

So, if I have this straight now, Native Oberon (which _does_ run on
PCs and in a VM) is Oberon v3, but Oberon v4, AKA Linz Oberon, _only_
runs under Windows, Linux or macOS, not on hardware?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com