[Oberon] Oberon genealogy.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Jan 17 23:31:45 CET 2021

Good work! However, I recommend that the link from Oberon-2 to Oberon-07 be
removed. I suspect that notion is what causes much of the confusion between
the origins and aims of the two languages that I witness in this mailing
list.

My understanding is that Oberon-07 and Oberon-2 are both separate forks from
Oberon and that Oberon-07 was not influenced by Oberon-2. The only Oberon
extension of Oberon-2 that I can detect in Oberon-07 is the FOR loop.
However, this can be explained by the tracing Oberon-07's roots back to
Modula-2.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software