[Oberon] maxCode limit in ORG

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Tue Apr 6 20:40:39 CEST 2021

Chuck

It‘s indeed arbitrary. Keep in mind: it is in words. So, 8000 means ~32 kByte.
It’s generally a bad practice to generate modules bigger than 32 kByte. Altough there might be special cases where a split in several modules is not wanted or generates „strange“ module borders.

Indeed on my FPGA system with 15MB of memory and 1MB for color display, I could increase this limit, but I did not.

br
Jörg