[Oberon] Project Oberon on current 'off-the-shelf' hardware

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Mon May 31 14:10:12 CEST 2021

On 2021-05-31 12:59, Michael Schierl wrote:
> On Windows, I can highly recommend a freeware hex editor (now abandoned
> by its author, but still available on many software sites) called Tiny
> Hexer

Thanks, appreciated - these kinds of things are indispensable if one is
forced to work with Windows - which inevitably happens, I just don't
recommend it (especially as I get older).

On other systems, it's easy to do catastrophic damage with raw writing
when you don't know what you're doing. On Windows, it's easy to do
catastrophic damage with raw writing when you do know what you're doing.

(BTW, there's a fine line between "abandoned" and "finished") ;-)