[Oberon] Fwd: [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2022 - Declarative and Minimalistic Computing - Call for Participation

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 20:51:33 CET 2021

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 9:01 AM Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> The invitation below sounds like it might be something of interest to
> some people in the Oberon community. I am not sure that I have a lot
> to usefully contribute myself, but perhaps I can try to get some of
> the old Oberon for DOS code working...
>
> Anyone interested?
>
> --
> Liam Proven

Your proposal to show DOS Oberon sounds interesting to me.
I read the attached email; it seems that they are wanting to see and hear
more on declarative languages than in something like Oberon prog lang or
even Oberon System.
But it is correct to state that both Oberon technologies are directed to
simplify and reduce the amount of resources needed and in that way it fits
the topic of FOSDEM 2022.
Recently I read an article about use of resources and execution speed
achieved by several languages tested with a suite of benchmarks. They tried
many languages, and Pascal was one of the best. It is a pity that they did
not try out Oberon as a Pascal's descendant.
https://hackaday.com/2021/11/18/c-is-the-greenest-programming-language/

Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina