[Oberon] WorkLog under BlackBox
aubrey.mcintosh at utexas.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:45:26 CET 2021
I have created the repository at git at github.com:a-mcintosh/WorkLog.git
This contains 2 BBCB modules. *History* is a factory module that supports
timestamped events. It may be extended, for example, to save a timestamped
series of variable values during program execution, particularly during
I am running the Denisov release under Ubuntu. More specific details in
the opening reading matter in the git.
*WorkLog* extends the structures for *History.Entry* to contain an
additional timestamp, and a 64 character nickname for the current task that
you are working on. This is a minimalistic application. It would be
greatly enhanced by an interface into SQL, for example.
I request several things:
- Advise me of the current standard process to submit BBCB subsystems.
- Have a look at the code, in particular the *Services.Action.Do
<http://Services.Action.Do>* extension in WorkLog, with a view of having
the Panel update after *LogIt* has executed.
- Suggest ways to actually use the Internalize/Externalize procedures.
I assume that the suggested path is to embed a WorkLog view (currently
undefined) into a Text or other View and let the Framework handle the
details when the View is saved from a window. Are there other ideas?
- In general, especially those of you who have taught CS, feel free to
be aggressive with critique of the code. That is how I learn. No aspects
- I suppose that somewhere, someone has written a similar thing. This
is a "keep-my-skills-up" project and I don't care if it is already done,
but I'd like to read any such code.
- If any Obx addresses relevant concerns, please alert me. I read
through them from time to time.
Aubrey McIntosh, PhD
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Oberon