[Oberon] Re (2): Is there anybody out there ...

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Jan 7 18:49:18 CET 2022

From:	Ka-Pe Er <k_p_r at gmx.de>
Date:	Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:41:05 +0100

From:	Pablo Cayuela <pablo.cayuela at gmail.com>
Date:	Fri, 7 Jan 2022 13:41:32 -0300
> The ETH Oberon Plugin for Windows, is the ETH Oberon System 3
> working under Windows from old 95 version to modern 7-10 version.
> I always have that working in my Windows PCs. It is mainly the same as
> Native ETH Oberon System 3 for X86 IBM PC compatibles, but as a layer
> on top of other OS, as you know.

Thanks.  Some information in the table of variants is inadequate or incorrect.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon#System_Variants

The 5th row states,
"X86 PC with MS Windows", "ETH Oberon for Windows", "Spirit of Oberon, System3 for Windows".
"ETH Oberon Plugin for Windows" is a synonym, correct?

The 10th row states,
"X86 PC with MS Windows", "Linz-Oberon, V4", "JKU Linz and SourceForge".
Linz Oberon is distinct.  Can be more clear.

Linz links in columns 4 and 5 don't work.  Linz stopped the FTP server?

Thanks,                               ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140