[Oberon] Comparison of Oberon & A2.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Jan 7 19:53:20 CET 2022

From:	Josef Sedlacek <sedlacek at swissonline.ch>
Date:	Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:42:26 +0100
> As I know the idea of active object comes from J. Gutknecht. In his
> group exciting system and applications have been developed. The thesis
> of Pieter Mueller describes the lowest level of the system with process
> creation and management on multi core hardware.

Thanks Josef.  Your summary is very helpful.  Just made some
revisions.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon#FAQ
>From experience, more changes are likely.

Most of the work was by senior students, graduate students, Ph.D.
associates and faculty. Many (most?) novices will be baffled by
original writing. In fact most of the population in the world has no
access an academic library where original literature predating 2000
resides.  But mobile phones and tablets are everywhere.  Where
possible I've favoured electronic documents ahead of hardcopy.  I
don't want to avoid attribution to authorities and experts.  Just make
knowledge more accessible.

Regards,                              ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140