[Oberon] ETHZ Three-part Series of Interviews with Niklaus Wirth (Dec 2021)

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 01:00:14 CET 2022

And I was really amazed by the many opportunities that ETH and also Swiss
missed to embark on the first wave of the Computer Revolution, being so
late to adopt and teach Computer Science, constructing computers, and even
the exponential industrial blossom of the 1980's, with graphical
workstations, the before-drone project and lastly, the Oberon and related
technologies.
I think that only in countries (like my Argentina) outside Europe, USA and
allies such a thing occurs such as to lose every opportunity in new
technologies.
The frustration of Prof Niklaus Wirth is evident in these interviews.

Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 3:14 AM Pablo Cayuela <pablo.cayuela at gmail.com>
wrote:
> El vie., 14 de enero de 2022 01:50, Chris Burrows <cfbsoftware at gmail.com>
escribió:

>> In December 2021 ETH recorded a series of YouTube interviews with
Niklaus Wirth. Links are listed on the  D-INFK news channel:

>> https://inf.ethz.ch/news-and-events/spotlights/infk-news-channel.html
>>
>>  "I always saw myself as an engineer" - Part 1/3
>>
>>  "Switzerland had slept through it" - Part 2/3
>>
>> "You can't invent everything perfectly from the start" - Part 3/3
>>
>> You can configure YouTube to display subtitles in English if necessary.
>

> I've really enjoy this interviews, with many minor details of the life of
Prof Niklaus Wirth, and expressing his opinion on several technical
subjects.