[Oberon] Seeking ETHZ contact to find out licensing Oberon sources

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Jan 26 18:45:38 CET 2022

as far as I know ETHZ sources went all to a BSD licensing Model.

@felix: correct?

and also: Welcome back.

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>
________________________________
Von: thutt at harp-project.com
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Januar 2022 11:51 nachm.
An: oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch
Betreff: [Oberon] Seeking ETHZ contact to find out licensing Oberon sources

Hello everyone,

  I'm looking to find an ETHZ contact who can tell me under which
  license agreement the ETHZ Oberon sources fall.  A few decades ago I
  had an Oberon distribution running on MS-DOS, but then got involved
  in working on commercial compilers.

  Recently, I've dusted it off and retargeted the compiler for a
  virtual CPU and would like to redistribute it with source*, including
  some previously undistributed ETHZ sources.

  So, can someone point me in the right direction to find out the
  license agreement.

  * For the curious, the system works on Linux and Rasbian.  The whole
    Oberon system is not supported yet for a few reasons -- the most
    important being that I don't know how to program X.

thutt

PS: Is anyone even interested in a classic Oberon-2 compiler and
    software?