[Oberon] Emulators / Hardware Enumerator

Hellwig Geisse hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de
Sun Feb 6 01:27:48 CET 2022

Hi Michael & Jörg,

On So, 2022-02-06 at 00:37 +0100, Michael Schierl wrote:

> So we decided that I would take what we had discussed so far, call it
> version 1 of the hardware enumerator, and publish it. Running the risk
> that he will publish version 2 later.

thanks for successfully tackling this problem. I took a very
brief look into your specification and I see descriptors for
various peripherals, but none for CPU-internal hardware (e.g.,
cache and FPU). Main memory size could perhaps also be specified
in this way. Is your enumerator flexible enough to describe
these also? Is it correct to assume that you are the "central
authority" where one would register such extension? ;-)

Best regards,
Hellwig