[Oberon] Re (2): Documentation for Gadgets;

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Mar 23 16:25:14 CET 2022

From:	Dieter <d.gloetzel at web.de>
Date:	Wed, 23 Mar 2022 09:17:30 +0100
> I also recommend "The Oberon Companion" by Andre Fischer and Hannes Marais
> ISBN 3-7281-2493-1
> vdf Hochschulverlag AG  ETH Zürich

Thanks Dieter.  At the top of each tutorial page is a green box
containing the sentence "Content is also available on paper."
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/Tutorial
"on paper" links to the paper book citation in the Oberon
Bibliography.

Currently abebooks.com lists 0 copies available.  That can change any
time. Obtaining the paper form is a matter of patience.

From:	Treutwein Bernhard <Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE>
Date:	Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:50:59 +0000
> afaik the Oberon Companion is out of print, but an online version
> should be available on every S3/ETH-Oberon. instructions how to create
> a printed personal copy should be/were present in the Oberon wikibook.

Bernhard, your section
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon#Getting_Started
remains in the title page.  Your second papragraph refers to the three
forms of the tutorial: the paper book, the electronic form in ETH
Oberon and the pages in the wikibook.

I've taken care to preserve Tutorial content as it was on the ETH Web
server. Format or style is altered to the extent that Wikibooks
creates the Contents list of a page according to heading markup.  That
can be suppressed but in my view the automated Contents is a benefit
rather than detriment.

MediaWiki allows an account to flag any page as watched.  A convenient
way to monitor changes.  Vandalism hasn't been problematic.

Criticisms and suggestions always welcome.

Thanks,                         ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140