[Oberon] Re (2): Email UID.

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Mon Dec 19 07:57:06 CET 2022

A remark to „UID16252-1329772258“

I did not mention all details of IMAP.
Read RFC9051, 2.3.1.1 if you are interested in all details.
The protocol forsees TWO unsigned numbers: UID and UIDVALIDITY.
As mentioned previously UID can be seen as unique sequence number of the message, and UIDVALIDITY typically is the date/time when the mailbox was created.

These two numbers together build a unique identifier so the client and the server can be kept in sync and uniquely identify a message.

Jörg