[Oberon] New to Oberon

Hans Klaver hklaver at dds.nl
Mon Jun 19 11:37:00 CEST 2023

Reactive Instruments' "Oberon Workstation", the website of Roel P. de Jong, can still be found on the Internet Archive:
  https://web.archive.org/web/20201229164338/https://www.reactive-instruments.eu/index.html

Unfortunately the macOS apps (the free "Oberon Core" and the paid "Oberon Workstation" for € 19) cannot be downloaded from this site.

These implementations of Oberon System V5 (as NW calls it) have the advantage that the macOS filesystem can easily be reached from within Oberon System. And they have some good support for complete newbies to the unusual user interface of Oberon System (in the macOS Help menu).

If Roel P. de Jong still can't be reached (I emailed him some time ago and got not response) I might be able to provide you with the .dmg installation file for Oberon Core.

As an alternative it is not too difficult to get Peter de Wachter's Oberon emulator working on macOS.

Hans Klaver