[Oberon] New to Oberon

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:45:54 CEST 2023

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 at 10:17, Till Oliver Knoll
<till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 18.06.23 um 10:14 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll:
> > Am 18.06.23 um 10:01 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll:
> >> And I am sure you will quickly receive more answers where to get
> >> started on this list :)
> >

> > Now I got curious and did some research on my own:
>

> And not to forget, Wikipedia has some promising references as well:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_(operating_system)

I did some fairly substantial editing work on the A2 article on
Wikipedia a few years back, although I can see that others have done
much more work since then. I also note that the Oberon Attical it self
has had a lot of work done on it since I last looked at it.

I would really like to see the Wikipedia coverage expanded -- not to
in any way denigrate Peter's hard work on the wikibooks documentation,
I think that more and better descriptions on Wikipedia would be a net
benefit.

I wrote about Oberon myself recently, put a link on this list about my
coverage, and got some fairly stinging rebuttals which told me that my
coverage was out of date and not accurate. :-(

I emailed directly to the people that questioned my article, asking
for a bit more info and offering to write an updated article -- but
sadly none of them replied to me. So if I could get more and better
information myself I would not only be happy to work on the Wikipedia
article but to provide it with some more coverage in the Register… but
it's a bit hard to find out, as you've discovered.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 277612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053