[Oberon] New to Oberon

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 01:43:31 CEST 2023

I, as Liam Proven, am an occasional collaborator of Peter Lyall Easthope in
the Oberon article on wikipedia and the Oberon book on wikibooks.
I've also enjoyed all the articles by Liam, even I read his articles on old
Sinclair machines, Linux related and others.
I'm glad that he is interested in Oberon (is not his only one), and his
labor is useful to keep the flame alive.
I do find myself that the enciclopedic nature of the wikipedia article or
the book is an enormous task for a person alone. Also with the list, all of
them are the sources for many of my own experiments with Oberon.
I'm really grateful for the many different people that are members of this
awesome list and to the great people that are part in one way or another to
this great Oberon community.

I do feel that we could contribute to a quick guide to the many versions of
both the Oberon Project and the Oberon programming language.
That could ease the entry level for anyone to know about and try out for
himself Oberon in any version.
I'm trying to collect in my personal user on github, many Oberon version,
but right now it is not a big nor exhaustive list of items.
I still think that the wikipedia and the wikibook are the best places to
sum up all of our efforts to help any newbie and especially anyone of us,
anytime that we need to put to work any Oberon.
I'll be glad to put my efforts to that goal.

Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina