[Oberon] Good News on Ceres-3 recreated on FPGA

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 06:09:04 CEST 2023

Yes! It is really amazing to see so much progress! His Ceres 3 on an FPGA
is already working fine.
The ROM of the Ceres 3 that is running on his board is the one published,
probably a mix of ROMs provided by Paul Reed and Beat Heeb, but Udo Möller
did not have the assembler listing of the bootstrapping.
I'm in contact with him to make a design for other boards, the
TRIPUTER_V20.pof file is an already sinthesized Triputer (his design) with
the Ceres 3 for the same board as the one he has (Terasic Cyclone V GX
Starter Kit).
I have a similar one, the Terasic DE1-SoC, we are experimenting to
integrate the Ceres 3 on that board, but using some resources provided by
the SoC part, an ARM connected to Ethernet, PS/2 ports and DRAM memory.

Prof. Pablo Cayuela
Argentina