[Oberon] Re (3): Variants table.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Oct 25 18:30:42 CEST 2023

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com, Sat Oct 21 05:41:23 CEST 2023
> A language called Oberon 90  / Oberon-90 never existed as such. The
> names are simply recent unofficial pseudonyms / aliases for the original
> version of Oberon which underwent several revisions in the period from 1986
> to 1990:

Thanks.

Nobody argued against splitting the Variants table according to
"Source dialect".  If I do that, the Cross-platform Oberon can be with
the other "Oberan" based systems.  The Oberon 90 revisions can be
mentioned in a footnote.

The overall objective is to help the unsophisticated user who
otherwise might be overwhelmed and deterred by complexity.

 Thx,                         ... P.L.

-
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140
work: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope