[Oberon] Oberon keyboard tweaks

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 22:44:22 CET 2023

On Fri, Nov 3, 2023 at 5:08 AM August Karlstrom <fusionfile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2023-11-02 07:41, Oliver Knoll wrote:
> > „This is truly the only way text should be copied and this will become
> second nature.“
> >
> > (Very broadly paraphrasing Prof. N. Wirth)
>
> And I thought the keyboard was ergonomically superior to the mouse.

Is that statement intended to be ironic? In case it was not - they are two
very different tools. Each is superior to the other when used for the task
they were designed to do.

Talking about text editing, is there a command in Oberon for wrapping
> paragraphs of text? I can't imagine having to insert manual line breaks
> in the right places when editing a paragraph of text, and having to
> reach for the mouse in between.

Do you mean 'word processing' rather than 'text editing'? Oberon has
different tools designed to suit each activity.

Chris Burrows
https://www.astrobe.com