[Oberon] F1 and F2 keys in A2 rev.10272. Was A2 multi-desktop switching vs. Oberon subsystem.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Nov 15 02:07:07 CET 2023

Michael and all,

From: Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de, Mon Jul 31 22:19:02 CEST 2023
> In latest gitlab version, you can either disable global hotkeys
> completely by pressing the F12 key, or you can edit Hotkeys.xml and
> change the hotkeys for desktop switching to anything that does not
> interfere with your Oberon usage.

rev.9799 and revision.10272 from
http://user.informatik.uni-bremen.de/fld/UnixAos/ are installed in
Linux Debian on a 64 bit Lenovo ThinkCentre.

Three lines in HotKeys.XML differ.  Output from Diff.Do is here.
http://easthope.ca/Diff.Do.HotKeys.XML.9799.10272.jpg

In the Oberon subsystem of 10272, F1 and F2 keys are inactive with the
distributed HotKeys.XML.  Ie. the three lines are commented out as in
the Diff cited above.

F1 and F2 remain inactive if the three lines are activated (commented
in).

That hints that the failure in 10272 is independent of HexKeys.XML.

Configuration.XML is updated in 10272.  I'm not trying to use the
Configuration.XML from 9799 in 10272.  So I wonder whether the Oberon
subsystem changed from 9799 to 10272.

Can anyone confirm that the F1 and F2 keys in the Oberon subsystem of
10272 work or not?

Thanks,                               ... P.L.

--
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140
work: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope