[Oberon] Niklaus Wirth 15.2.1934 - 1.1.2024

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:58:10 CET 2024

Thank you for taking the time to let us know this sad news.
Living so far from Switzerland and never having the option to visit him, I
was happy to talk to him more than twenty five years ago when discovering
and using Oberon to try his project on Hardware Compilation with his Logic
Language LoLa as an HDL. Recently I have the luck that in his last visit to
Moscow, Fedor Tkachev and Professor Niklaus Wirth himself want to talk to
me to thank me for inform them of errata in the last online version of his
book Algorithms and Data Structures for Oberon. I was so pleased to talk to
such a giant, so humble as he was.
I would borrow the phrase from Andreas: "I am honoured to have been touched
by his influence."

Sincerely sad,
Prof. Pablo Cayuela
Argentina